I must admit, when I first heard about this leafy green wonder food on Dr. Oz last week, I had no idea what his featured guest, Dr. Joel Fuhrman had introduced. What resonated with me is the patient that he had treated who suffered from migraines for years and was able to stop taking her medication simply by eating kale.
That’s all I needed to hear. After also suffering from migraines for more than 10 years I would love to find a healthy alternative. So I purchased kale the next day and have tried it with spinach in a salad along with a boiled egg, walnuts, and a chopped apple. I have also made a smoothie with frozen berries, V-8 Fusion light cranberry/blackberry juice, apples, and of course kale. I have also added it to eggs for breakfast.
Kale does take some getting use to, but the benefits are certainly more than what I learned on last week’s Dr. Oz show. When enjoying this wonder food you can expect the following health benefits…
- High in Vitamin K – Which helps to protect against various cancers, and assists those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- High in Vitamin A – Which is good for your skin and vision.
- High in Vitamin C – Which is great for your metabolism and immune system.
- High in calcium – Which aids in preventing osteoporosis, bone loss, and maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- High in iron – Which is essential for the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes transporting oxygen to various parts of the body and cell growth.
- Contains antioxidants – Which help protect against various cancers.
- Detoxifying food – Which is great for cleansing and purifying our liver.
I hope you enjoy this video which I leaned so much more about kale.