For some of you who are starting a new job, or for those of you who have been at your current job for years but are looking for some new ways to stay on your bosses good side and simply stay one step ahead of your colleagues; perhaps these 6 job tips could make a difference when the next big promotion becomes available. Good Luck!
1) Attitude – No one wants to work with a “‘sour-puss”, someone who drains all your energy, and complains all the time about every little thing. Your attitude toward work should reflect your duties and responsibilities and that should energize you and others around you to keep you motivated throughout the day. Of course you can approach your work formally, fulfilling your major duties with accuracy and on time. But an employee with “drive” and the right “attitude” who is enthusiastic and creative about their work is much more interesting for the employer.
2) Creativity – your ability to offer exceptional ideas and innovative methods. You have a goal and you know how to achieve it. This quality is especially important for design, marketing, advertising, and will present you an advantage in any sphere of business.
3) Result-oriented – Can you always complete what you began doing or are you a procrastinator? No matter what difficulties you may have, you are to always complete it by the deadline, but consider if you can actually turn it in early, now wouldn’t that be a something special.
4) Resilience – A man was walking, stumbled and fell down, and then he shook himself off and went on further. For example, you are taking part in a group discussion of some urgent problem. The idea you suggested made everyone laugh and no one approved it. You got offended, went into your shell and stopped proving your point of view. Then your resilience is very low. You should be able to stand your ground and never ever give up.
5) Leadership – Employers hire a young specialist hoping that he has great potential and in ten years time he will become a leader. Not everyone must be a leader and become a top manager afterwards. But a good manager, that is a person able to handle the organization of other people, is indispensable in any respectable company. Recognize your leadership skill; how you can nurture it and make it grow.
6) Team-Work – many companies have a project system of management. Several people work on a project. The success of the project depends on each member of the team. What matters here is your ability to get on with different people, find common language with all the staff and feel like a united team. “One for all and all for one.” In any business a strong team – is a pledge of successful fulfillment of the project. Communication skills are of primary importance for any sphere, as there is no area where we can do without communication. How to make others listen to you, how to present yourself, how to uphold your point of view. This is a mini list of essential communicative skills. And essential to the success of an effective team work environment.