- Processed meats such as smoked or cured hot dogs, bacon, ham, and sausages are considered to be carcinogenic.
- Pickled and high salt foods like salted fish, pickled vegetables and salty snacks are linked to stomach cancer.
- Alcohol has been linked to mouth, colorectal and breast cancer so limit your intake to one drink a day for women and two drinks for men.
- Charred meat can damage DNA. Instead cook meat at lower temperatures and flip meat frequently to avoid charring.
- Drinking scalding hot beverages such as very hot coffee, tea or soup regularly is linked to esophageal cancer. Let your beverages cool down a bit before drinking them.
Remember to consult with your physician before making any changes to your health regime.
For more health and wellness tips, stay tuned to AskDrCris.com.